To diagnose the problem, please follow these steps.
- Open the Sound Recorder application built into Windows OS: Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment and Multimedia > Sound Recorder.
- Select Edit > Audio Properties from the menu. Make sure X1-N6 is selected as the sound input/output device.
- Click the red Record button to start recording. Speak as you would in a conversation.
- If you see the green sound wave line moving, the recording is being done properly.
- Stop the recording and listen to the recorded voice.
- If the recording still includes echo/statics, then the X1-N6 hardware has a problem. You might ask for a product exchange: please refer to our return policy for details.
- If you do not hear the same noise, then the problem exists in the path between your X1-N6 and the other party.